08 Feb 2009 — Mario Rocha won 16th place in the Fabcar class in the 05 Motorsport 1.5 Hours of Mid Ohio in Round 7 of the Run for Research Grand Am series.
Driving the Porsche Fabcar, Rocha traded positions multiple rounds with Tom Rue in a drawn-out battle for 15th starting midway through, sparring over a stretch of 38 laps. Rocha ran the majority pursuing Rue after catching him on lap 20, coming from as many as five spots back. In the end Rocha settled into 16th the 18 laps running to the finish.
Rocha is 31st in the Fabcar class standings for the series. He has one start and finished as high as 16th.
Run for Research Grand Am series moves on to Round 8 in three weeks at Long Beach ’06. The series has 70 drivers competing for points in the multiclass championships.
Kieron Peace leads the GT class championship. The title continues to be challenged by Mike Erickson, Barrett Erickson, Justin Rebelo, and Kevin Banic. The Top 5 places are an open ring for 12 drivers in the running with two races remaining.
John Onofrey leads the Fabcar class championship in a tight campaign over Omar Gonzalez, separated by just a single finishing position. The title continues to be challenged by Zak Ollerenshaw, Ken Jagger, Ryan Von Steinen, Dennis Morissette, William Gorder, Steve Davis, Dennis Cummings, Barry Hedrick, and Brad Davidson as well. The Top 5 places are an open battleground for 12 drivers in the running with two races remaining.
- Atlantic Motorsport News, , Racing Results, Results - eSimSports - Atlantic Motorsport, SliderNews, Alexis Clapano, Dan Rusu, Danny ter Maten, Dean Hart, Dimitrios Pappas, Erhan Jajovski, Fernando Costa, John Cook, Maciej Bekas, Marius Nicolae, Matthieu Decrop, Rik van Aerle, Rui Vieira, Will Mazeo, Yuri Kasdorp, Ze Jesus, 0
Yuri Kasdorp won the 4th race of Season 2 of the Atlantic-SkullBo GT3 at Sao Paulo After 50 minutes...
- Mario Rocha WON on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway
- P2 and P3 for Mario Rocha and Nuno Vinagre on first race together on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Mario Rocha finish P6 on the NASCAR CUP SERIES S4 – Phoenix Raceway
- Mario Rocha finish P2 on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway