05 Apr 2009 — Mario Rocha took fourth place in the GT1 class in the ILMS: Old Ring in Round 5 of the 05 Motorsport ILMS World Tour series.
Rocha traded positions with Jordan Weekes in a drawn-out fight for 20th starting early on, fighting over a range of 12 laps. Driving the Corvette C6R, Rocha ran the majority leading Weekes after being engaged by him on the first lap. After losing the spot on lap 11, Rocha passed Weekes and into 20th place on lap 12, and kept it the remaining 45 laps to the checkered flag.
Rocha moves up to seventh in the GT1 class standings, one point behind Dan Minton. Rocha has four starts and finished as high as fourth.
05 Motorsport ILMS World Tour series moves on to Round 6 in three weeks at Bathurst – Mt Panorama. The series has 47 drivers competing for points in the multiclass championships.
Kieron Peace leads the LMP2 class championship in a tight campaign over Paul Valentine, separated by just a single grid spot. The title continues to be challenged by Mike Erickson, Tim Brook, Dennis Cummings, George Pol, Anthony Dadley, Robert Northway, Brad Davidson, Miguel De Raton, Nikolay Drogaytsev, Ralph Kemmerer, and Tom Rue as well. The Top 5 places are an open field for 17 drivers in the running with three races remaining.
Ryan Von Steinen leads the LMP1 class championship in a tight campaign over Barrett Erickson, separated by just a handful of grid positions. The title continues to be challenged by Jan Larsen, Kevin Banic, Daniel Montour, Ken Jagger, Roger Badger, Garret Diduck, and Jordan Weekes as well. The Top 5 places are an open battleground for 15 drivers in the running with three races remaining.
Steve Davis leads the GT1 class championship in a tight campaign over Charles Hodges, separated by just a few grid spots. The title continues to be challenged by Johnny Gutierrez, Conor McCarrell, Gabor Abuzant, Dan Minton, Mario Rocha, Tristan Bayless, Barney Fox, and James Benoit as well. The Top 5 places are an open field for 16 drivers in the running with three races remaining.
- Atlantic Motorsport News, , Racing Results, Results - eSimSports - Atlantic Motorsport, SliderNews, Alessandro Barcelos, Chris Shepherd, Christos Segkounas, Claudio Souza, Danyy ter Maten, Dean Hart, Dimitrios Pappas, Luccas Silva, Maciej Bekas, Mario Rocha, Marius Nicolae, Mark Harlow, Matheus Machado, Nico Barclay, Will Mazeo, Yuri Kasdorp, Ze Jesus, 0
Yuri Kasdorp won the 6th race of Season 2 of the Atlantic-SkullBo GT3 at Sebring After 90 minutes Yuri...
- Mario Rocha WON on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway
- P2 and P3 for Mario Rocha and Nuno Vinagre on first race together on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway
- Mario Rocha finish P6 on the NASCAR CUP SERIES S4 – Phoenix Raceway
- Mario Rocha finish P2 on the SIMLAB Production Car Challenge S4 – Atlanta Motor Speedway